Saturday 24 November 2012

What am I talking about?

The topic for "a word" at real toads this week is one I hadn't heard before.  This poem is my take on interpreting the word,  can you figure out what it is?

Many fibres inter-weaved
Creating something often heaved
Held together in strength combined
Rarely rips or undermined

Holding many sorts of goods
Potatoes, coffee, chocolate
Travels widely round the globe
Recycled into fancy robes

Can you name this common item
Have a guess,  go on, write them
I reckon you won't find the right term
Don't worry though, at least you'll learn

Come on then, share your guesses with me and I'll tell you if you're right or not.   Whilst guessing please don't cheat, but once you've answered you might like to see where other poets have taken their works.

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/a-word-with-laurie.html


1 comment:

Laurie Kolp said...

Ahh... this is great and very creative.