Tuesday 17 April 2012

17th April 2012 John 3:7-15




You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked. "You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

I have found it really hard to accept so many human things which come from God. I have witnessed physical healings; I have seen people turn to Christ in an instant; I have heard people speak in tongues; yet still I found it hard to believe. It wasn't until I collapsed in the power of the spirit under healing prayers that I knew God acted on earth. Yet believing in the Godly has always come easier, been more intuitive and heart based. I can see where Jesus is coming from though, he knows that we need to hear from each other to make him real. Today I'm sharing part of my testimony to a group of year 6 kids; and this is why.

Jesus please be with us as we share our faith with others and give us the courage to tell our testimonies. Amen

No comments: