Friday 13 April 2012

Why do school holidays have to end?

It is on days like today that I ponder home-schooling; when I long to spend more time with Rachel.

It is on days like this that I am confused by parents who are thrilled to see the schools go back on Monday.

It is on days like this that I make the most of every minute Rachel and I get to spend together.

It is the last day if the school holidays and they've gone past far too fast; two weeks seems more like two days and I'm wondering where they went. Of course now I think about it I realise we've had a wonderful two weeks of outings, chill outs, friends and family; we've had a ball.

But on Monday everything had to go back to the crazy rat race of school runs, clubs, routines and life flashing by in the blink of an eye.

I'm not feeling very thankful it's a Friday today, but I will enjoy every second of this last day if the holidays.

In fact I'm going to celebrate the creation Rachel has made me; she has drawn her version of a flower we saw at the park. What better way to celebrate spring, holidays and love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truely wish I felt like this! I have enjoyed the holidays, with the lazy pj days and craft projects and no rush rush rush of nursery runs. But I'm exhausted! I think we (my son and I) are both looking forward to nursery next week. Mummy just isn't as exciting as all his friends to play with. I am planning on doing more him and me time after nursery though and not just playing. (eg craft etc..)

MissMOE said...

Enjoy your last weekend before school starts. I always look forward to spring break, but afterwards wish the year could just be over for good!