Thursday 26 April 2012

Miscarriage to Ministry #3

This is the last of three posts which I feel called to write about how I moved from miscarriage to ministry. It's my testimony, it's my story and I just hope it might be what someone somewhere needs to hear.

Sometimes in tragedy we find our life's purpose.

I started volunteering from the miscarriage association before I was finally pregnant with Rachel; I wanted to help others the way I had been helped. I took calls from women who had had miscarriages and just listened and provided reassurance.

I knew this was a change in my life, that I was meant to leave my engineering career behind and start helping people in some way. I just didn't know how. All I knew was that I was having a purpose in life.

The day Rachel was born was special, obviously becoming a mum is amazing and life changing. But it was also the the end of my old life and the start of a new one. That first night I stayed awake watching her sleep and felt myself change. I had made it through tragedy and despondency and now had a new life ahead of me.

It's been 6 years and 8 months and in that time I've done a degree in psychology, a certificate in counselling and followed a calling into ministry. I have found my life's purpose and love every second.

No comments: