Tuesday 24 April 2012

24th April 2012 John 6:30-35




So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”. “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”. Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

"I am the bread of life" what greater words do we hear at the Eucharist than this? Every time I hear them or say them I am touched deeply by them.

Jesus is our food,
our sustenance,
our energy,
our strength,
our nourishment,
our everything.

How then can we do anything but want to share all he is with others?

Jesus as you feed us with yourself we ask you to strengthen us in our resolve to share you widely. Amen

No comments: