Monday 23 April 2012

Thoughts on the Bucket List

Last week Mike and I watched The Bucket List on DVD; a great film with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson playing two men diagnosed with terminal cancer in their 60s. I know it doesn't sound uplifting, but they decide to try and make the most of their lives and have some life changing experiences along the way.

We enjoyed the film and I recommend it, but this is not a review. I just wanted to share two lines from the film which tickled my fancy and made both Mike and I laugh.

"I envy people with faith but I just can't get my head around it."
"Maybe your head's in the way."

There is so much truth in this. It's so often our heads which over think issues of faith. How much easier it is when we switch off a little, trust and see.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Nice post. You might be interested in my Travel Bucket List