Wednesday 25 April 2012

Miscarriage to Ministry #1

This is the first of three posts which I feel called to write about how I moved from miscarriage to ministry. It's my testimony, it's my story and I just hope it might be what someone somewhere needs to hear.

Lord, thank you for keeping me together when I'm falling apart.

I fell apart, not just once but a few times. I was depressed and anxious and despairing.

Was I ever going to get pregnant again?
If I got pregnant then would I stay pregnant?
Would I ever be a mum?

There were so many days when I wanted to give up; on trying, on hoping, on dreaming, on living.

But I kept on putting one foot in front of the other. I somehow held together and kept on moving forward.

I had friends and Mike and hope; and I had prayer and God and His reassurance.

I have been at the bottom of the pit of desperation and I have started falling part. Every day I thank God for keeping me together.

No comments: