Monday 23 April 2012

Human Organ Harvesting

I wrote a few weeks ago about organ donation and how it can save lives.

Following that post I was contacted about the black market that exists for human body parts and offered this graphic to display on LLM Calling.
Dead Than Alive
Created by: MedicalTranscription.net
This graphic was created by a team from Medical Transcription, an organisation who provide more information about medicine.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this graphic and the information it contains. It is information about body organs being stolen from dead bodies in the USA and I pray the same isn't true in the UK or elsewhere. But if it's happening in one country then it seems possible that it's happening all over the world.

What matters to me is how this can be stopped. I believe in the need for organ donation, but it should always be done by consent and in an appropriate and careful manner with respect for the person who has died. How do we stop this most deprived of crimes?

No comments: