Today is the first day of RSPCA week; a week when RSPCA focuses on raising income, and awareness of the work they do:
1. Because all animals deserve a life free from hunger and thirst.
2. To protect animals from cruelty and pain
3. So we can act to rescue any animal enduring fear and distress
4. To give animals a new beginning
5. Because supporting RSPCA Week will help us to be here for animals every single day
We adopted our gorgeous cat Sid from the RSPCA 11 years ago and it was one of the best decisions of our lives. They took him in after his previous owner died and cared for him for six months before we came to the centre and he chose us.
And then there's all the work they do protecting animals from harm and cruelty, they are the emergency service for animals and we need to keep their essential work funded.
How can we get involved?
We can either:
1. Fundraise - RSPCA Week fundraising guides are available online at http://rspcaweek.org.uk
2. Volunteer at a local centre
3. Attend a local event - all listed online
4. Donate for RSPCA Week - online or at an event
I am going to the local centre where Sid was housed and try not to come home with another cat, it'll be very hard. What will you do?