Wednesday 11 April 2012

I will never regret my tattoo

I was talking with tweeps this evening about tattoos and the fact that I'm looking for inspiration for one which reflects my calling and discipleship in Christ.

We were talking about the words we hear too often....

You'll regret it when you're older

I can absolutely guarantee that I won't ever regret my tattoo and that's because it has huge meaning for me which won't ever change.

The central aspect of my tattoo is a butterfly. It is coloured in red and purple, those being the colours of my wedding flowers. The butterfly is a symbol of transformation, a process which I went through when I finally acknowledged my eating disorder and handed my life to God.

Below the butterfly are four stars, one for each of my babies which are in heaven. And above the butterfly is the huge star for Rachel, my star who led me to find myself through my transformation.

I will never regret my tattoo; it will be with me always to remind me of the most important things in my life.

Now I just need to find the right image to represent my calling as a disciple of Christ.

No comments: