Thursday 5 April 2012

Pray hard when it is hard to pray

It sounds counter intuitive but it works. It's at those times when prayer seems like the hardest and most useless activity in the world that prayer can be the most valuable.

It might not come naturally, it might not have words, it might include a rant or two, but any conversation with God will help you connect and start to heal.

I know it's easier said than done, I've been guilty of silence myself; but I've asked others to help me and used known prayers and it always helps in ways I couldn't imagine.

So please, if you feel that prayer is impossible STOP and know that everything is possible with God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really believe this to be true, having been guilty of long periods of silence because I just don't have the words, I know and am trying to re-train myself to talk most when it's hard to talk to him x