Wednesday 9 January 2013

As I leave last year behind

As I leave last year behind
I reflect on what has now resigned
Some of them well worth keeping there
Others I leave with much despair

There's the girl of six with carefree ways
And the babyhood of godson days
The times spent endlessly playing
And the mixed up ways of saying

There's the mirage of health everlasting
And the lack of desire for fasting
With the hope of a complete breakthrough
And the trust of a chosen few

The first year of many new projects
And the acceptance that nothing's perfect
With the innocence of ministerial optimism
And the onset of regular reminiscence

But one thing I know for sure
Is whatever THIS year has in store
It will teach me much I need to hear
So I wait with faith overcoming fear

Xxxx

Poetry jam asked us to write about something we leave behind in 2012.  This is my take on the prompt.

11 comments:

JANU said...

To the new beginning.

Helen said...

I echo what Janu said ... cheers!!

Peggy said...

I like your musings here. Just what I was thinking of when I wrote the prompt!! Thanks for being first to post!! Blessings to you in the new year.

alan1704 said...

I really liked this especially

The first year of many new projects
And the acceptance that nothing's perfect

When we can accept that nothing is perfect it helps us to see others trough the eyes of grace.

Thank you & Be Blessed. Alan

ND Mitchell said...

Like the final line: "faith overcoming fear" is a powerful motto for the year ahead. God bless.

Mary said...

Sounds like you learned a lot from the last year......

Karen said...

Waiting with faith...it's really all we can do, isn't it? Wait with faith and then be strong.

Unknown said...

a great outlook for this year!

Sarav said...

Cheers! A great step into the new and a thoughtful reflection of the old--nicely written :-)

Dana Dampier said...

We must always continue on and keep our faith!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Faith always. It can be difficult to leave some things behind -- that's flesh. It it better to look ahead with the Lord --- that's spirit! Lovely poem.