Tuesday 8 January 2013

…you said you’d do WHAT?….

This year I'm doing something new
I'm going to try and learn to run
I know it'll be hard
Possibly impossible
But despite all that I hope it'll be fun

"I'm going to follow couch to 5k"
You should have seen Mike's face
He didn't know whether
To laugh or cry
Then he challenged me to a race

Today when telling a good friend
"You said you’d do WHAT?" they laughed
They think I'm mad
Perhaps I am
But I might learn to like the craft

Xxxxxx

Linked up at Julia's place for the 100 word challenge for grown ups, watch this space for poetry updates.

4 comments:

Sally-Jayne said...

Good luck with the running - and let us all know how you get on.

Anna said...

Nice one. Good luck - for some, running is a joy.
Like your approach to the prompt (and the new year) :)

Older Mum said...

Best of luck with this - great aspiration.

Miriam said...

Don't listen to them. Follow your dreams!