Saturday 12 January 2013

I am inspired

Today I've been really moved
By comments I'd never approved
It's been amazing reading them
They've inspired me all over again

One post I'd forgotten I'd written
Was about where I find inspiration
Reading it today has reminded me
About how I'm inspired by what I see

I am inspired by the world around
By the words spoken and written down
By people and the love they share
And by things of which I care

It's good to receive this reminder
To focus on what's a good inspirer
Tomorrow I'm sure I'll find lots more
Watch out, there'll be poems in store

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm inspired too, and it was great to see the older post, it's so easy to miss something or forget it

Judy Roney said...

Great poem about how our own words can impact us later on. Sometimes I read poems that I can't remember writing and get inspiration from it to write more. Your poem has me thinking of inspiration and the ways we come by it...so many ways.

Mary said...

You have definitely been on a roll as far as inspiration lately. Inspiration is definitely a beautiful thing, wherever you find it.

Serena said...

I love when that sort of thing happens. I too can read things I've written than I had forgotten and often feel as if I wasn't the author. I sometimes wonder if I really am sometimes.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yay - the one thing the blogosphere does for us is keep us writing - a gift beyond price. Keep cranking them out:-)

Jennifer Wagner said...

Inspiration is a beautiful thing! Glad you are finding much of it.

Anonymous said...

If not for an audience, I'm not sure how motivated many of us would be...

Unknown said...

Some smart reflection here, Emma. And you manage to make the inner conversation poetic, too. Good work.

http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2013/01/13/feckless/