Sunday 27 January 2013

Then this might be just the book for you

Then this might be 
Just the book for you
This one here
The one in blue

It doesn't look much
But I promise you this
Every single chapter
Will make you wish

That you could read quicker
And absorb it all
As you get further
You'll be in free fall

As suspension builds
And the hero goes bad
You might wonder if
The author's gone mad

But please believe me
You'll be glad indeed
If you pick this book
For your next read.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Susan at Real Toads challenged us to take the last line of a recent poem and make it the first line of the next poem.  I just went to the last poem I wrote "This is my story, this is my song" released and this is what came; it was a lot of fun and I think I'll be doing it a few more times this afternoon.


7 comments:

Mary said...

I am always happy when I come upon a 'page turner.' Your poem seems to be about one of these!

Susan said...

And another prelude, not as specific to the book you wrote, but promising delicacies and delights that pull me right in. I'm glad you like this technique.

Kay L. Davies said...

This makes me want that book. Your other post didn't, although I love your title.
I just opened a Kindle account earlier today.
However, I know I'm in no shape to read about grief just now, despite the healing and the hope.
A quandary. I'm going back and forth between your two posts, and wondering...
K

Unknown said...

Terrific! I could say this about so many books! I love 'em all!

http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2013/01/26/advice/

Judy Roney said...

This is the very book I am always looking for. :) I believe you and I want this book!

Susie Clevenger said...

Books..I love them. I am hoping people will feel this way about my poetry book...sigh. Great write!!

Hannah said...

Fun!! I love a good book...the ones that at the end you wish they weren't over!