Sunday 20 January 2013

Up to no good

Look at these two
Do you see what I see?
Four mischievous eyes
Looking at me

They don't look innocent
They're up to no good
Would YOU trust them?
I would if I could

I know that the moment
I turn back around
Those cats will be fighting
Rolling on the ground

I don't think they mean
To cause each other pain
I'm almost sure that
It's all a big game

But even so, I don't trust them
To stop when they should
So I don't listen to their pleas
"We'll try to be good"

Instead I keep my eye on them
Make sure that they're safe
And when I go out I don't
Leave them in the same place

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are definitely up to something, I love the way this story unfolds

LLM Calling said...

thanks, but aren't they worth it :)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Delightful poem!